My 5 top digital tools I use for (UK) business are;
1. Contracts Finder www.contractsfinder.businesslink.gov.uk- For organisations that are ready to contract with local and central governments to build their income generation, Contracts Finder is a good way to find opportunities, to see what the government is buying and to set alerts to keep you updated on government buying.
2. Yortender www.yortender.co.uk – the Yorkshire and Humber procurement sites for local authority opportunities, you can set up your organisations profile, search for local opportunities and set up alerts to make sure you have up to date information on new contracts.
There are a variety of procurement sites for your area. Find them by googling ‘ (your local authority) e-procurement’.
3. Funding Central http://www.fundingcentral.org.uk/ – is a useful site for finding funds and updates on new contracts. It’s not always as comprehensive as it could be, but it is improving and definitely a good starting point for your funding searches.
4. Dropbox.com – this is a great storage and file sharing option, useful either as an individual or as a team. I use it everyday for file storage, and when I’m working on specific projects I can file share with the teams to make sure everyone who needs the information has access to it. You can start with a free storage option which is ideal for cash strapped third sector organisations.
5. Google Drive http://drive.google.com – another file sharing option that is really useful, particularly when you have a team putting information together for a project or a bid. You can create and share presentations, drawings and forms which has proved a great addition for working with remote teams.
Also Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram are the best ways of keeping in touch with friends, family and having a creativity fix!